Kawai MP 7 Stage Piano
We are no longer offering this product. You will surely find a current product that meets your needs, because we are striving to expand our extensive product range.
No review available
Kawai MP 7 Stage Piano Product Details
The All-In-One stage piano
The MP7 is the ultimate stage piano for performing musicians. Featuring the same tone generator, DSP power, D/A converters, and 32 of the finest sounds from the MP11, the MP7 delivers the incredible sound quality of its bigger brother in a more compact, portable package. Its class-leading Responsive Hammer II keyboard action recreates the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano, with triple-sensor key detection, let-off simulation, and Ivory Touch surfaces providing an incredibly realistic playing experience. Brand new analogue-style effects and amp sims (again from the MP11), and a redeveloped virtual tonewheel organ mode are ideal for nailing vintage sounds, while 4-section internal and 4-zone MIDI master keyboard functionality underscores the MP7 as one of the most flexible stage pianos available today.
The MP7’s Responsive Hammer 2 (RH2) keyboard action recreates the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and accurate 3-sensor technology providing a smooth, natural, and highly responsive piano playing experience. The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while structural reinforcements within the action assembly ensure greater stability during fortissimo and staccato passages. The RH2 keyboard action also reproduces the subtle let-off sensation felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very softly, enhancing delicate pianissimo playing to satisfy the expectations of even the most discerning pianists. Finally, the MP7 keyboard action features Kawai’s Ivory Touch key surfaces as standard. This finely textured material gently absorbs moisture to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth, but not slippery.
The ultimate pianos for Concert, Pop, and Jazz
The MP7 captures the beautiful sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed hand-built concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using proprietary Harmonic Imaging™ XL technology. This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand piano, affording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo. With separate variations for Concert, Pop, and Jazz playing, the MP7 offers an excellent selection of high quality acoustic piano sounds suitable for various musical styles, including a separate sub-category devoted entirely to upright and mono pianos. Moreover, Kawai’s unique Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of the selected acoustic piano sound to be shaped at the touch of a button or the turn of a knob, with parameters to adjust voicing and regulation, string and damper resonances, and subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises.
Vintage EPs, twin effects, and amp simulation
The MP7 also features an excellent selection of vintage electric piano sounds, each with their own distinctive characteristics. Enjoy their natural, organic sound, or pass the signal through a wide variety of classic effects stomp boxes, before plugging into one of the five classic amp and speaker cabinets – complete with realistic microphone character and position modelling.
Classic tonewheel organs with drawbar control and authentic percussion
The MP7’s brand new tonewheel organ simulation transforms the stage piano into a vintage electromechanical organ, complete with nine real-time adjustable drawbars and authentic percussion controls. Organ enthusiasts can dial-in favourite drawbar registrations, adjust the ‘condition’ of the organ tone, and select their preferred rotary speaker character, then store the sound to memory for immediate recall. With organ mode selected, the MP7 adjusts the strike point for the keyboard, allowing blazing runs and greasy licks to be played on its fully-weighted action as easily as the real thing.
High quality strings, pads, brasses, basses and more
Supplementing the realistic acoustic pianos, vintage electric pianos, and growling tonewheel organs, the MP7 features a broad range of high quality strings, pads, synths, brass and woodwind voices, basses, guitars, and a whole host of other useful sounds. These supplementary sounds are ideal for building layers, adding texture to other instruments, or for playing individually, at the front of the mix. And if the stock sound isn’t quite perfect, feel free to customise and tweak using the MP7’s flexible ADSR parameters and resonance/cut-off controls – all immediately accessible directly from the panel.
Four zone master keyboard controller
The MP7 maintains the MP series’ classic four-zone approach, with each zone able to play internal sounds, external MIDI devices, or both types simultaneously. Zones can be played individually, or freely split, layered and velocity switched to create stunning personalised performances. The MP7’s powerful customisation allows parameters and settings for each zone to be adjusted and controlled independently, making for an unbelievably versatile all-in-one performance instrument.
Intuitive operation, large LCD, real-time assignable control knobs
The MP7’s control panel is clearly arranged and easy to use, with related functions grouped together and placed where you’d expect to find them. A large LCD display and four assignable control knobs, allow several parameters to be adjusted directly in real-time, without getting lost in menus – concentrate on playing, rather than trying to remember which button does what.
256 Setup memories: enough for the busiest stage musician
The MP7 allows every single customised sound, knob position, fader level, and adjustable parameter to be stored in memory as a SETUP, and recalled at the touch of a button. With over 250 SETUP memories, the MP7 is ideal for busy stage musicians who like to plan several shows ahead, before going out on the road.
USB to Device functionality, with MP3/WAV/SMF file recording and playback
The MP7 is equipped with USB connectors that not only allow the instrument to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly. This ‘USB to Device’ feature allows customised sounds, SETUP memories, and recorder songs stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for posterity. USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio or SMF MIDI files, allowing performing musicians to play along with professional backing tracks, or simply learn the chords or melody for a new piece. It is even possible to save performances directly as MP3, WAV, or SMF files for emailing to band members, casual listening away from the keyboard, or further editing using an audio workstation.
- Keyboard: Responsive Hammer Action II with 3 sensors per key, Let-Off simulation and IvoryTouch surface
- Keyboard Modes: Full Keyboard, Zone (free adjustable range)
- Polyphony: max. 256 notes
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging® XL and 88 key sampling
- Sounds: 256
- Setup memory: 256
- Sektions: 4 (MAIN, SUB1, SUB2, SUB3) plus 4 MIDI zones
- MIDI Master: 4 Zonen MIDI Out, Channel, Local On/Off, Volume, MMC Transport, Split, 2x4 Controller, PRG, Bank, etc...
- Virtual Tone Wheel: 9 virtual drawbars, Percussion with Normal/Soft, Slow/Fast, 2nd/3rd - all adjustable with faders and buttons
- Virtual Technician: PIANO: Voicing, Stereo Width, String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Key-off Effect, Damper Noise, Hammer Delay, Fall-back Noise, Topboard, Brilliance, Tune per key, Level per key; E.PIANO: Key-off Noise, Key-off Delay; TONEWHEEL: Key Click, Wheel Noise
- AMP Simulator: 5 amplifier types (S.Case, M.Stack, J.Combo, F.Bass, L.Cabi) with Drive, Level, 3-Band EQ, Mic Type, Mic Position, Ambience each (MAIN Sektion only)
- Effects: 129 types with up to 10 parameters each
- Reverb: 6 types with Time, PreDelay and Depth each
- EQ: 4-Band (Lo, Mid1, Mid1-Freq, Mid2, Mid2-Freq, Hi) plus Master EQ
- Recorder MIDI: 10 Songs internal, 90.000 Noten, MIDI-to-Audio convert
- Recorder AUDIO: direct to USB memory; Recording: MP3/WAV with Overdub, Line IN is also recorded; Playback: MP3/WAV with A-B Loop
- Metronome: 10 types plus 100 Drum Pattern, Tempo, Level
- Display: 128 x 64 Pixel backlight LCD
- Jacks: Line Out 6,3mm (L/Mono,R or 2xMono), Line In 6,3mm (L/Mono,R), Headphone, Damper (F10H), Damper/Sostenuto (F-30), Soft Pedal (F-30, FSW), Expression (assignable), MIDI In / Out / Thru, USB-to-host, USB-to-device, Power Switch
- Weight in kg: 21
- Size in mm: 1352 x 339 x 171
- Accessories included: F-10H Pedal with Half-Damper function, music rack, power chord and owner's manual
- Accessories optional: F-30 Pedal with 3 pedals and Half-damper function
5 year manufacturer warranty:<
|Number of Keys:||88|
|Number of Sounds:||256|
|Anzahl der Pedale:||1|